Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Boxtops

I collect boxtops! When I see someone throwing away cereal or anything else with them I grab them off the box. When they bring snacks in to work, I pick them up and collect them. My wife can vouch that they are always falling out of my pockets or wallet or car or pretty much anything of mine.What I don't understand is why people throw them away. I don't have anyone specific that I usually give them to, but I collect them anyway. I have given them to friends with siblings and now my boss with kids. His kids love me for getting them a pizza party or something.

I would say in the about 2 years I have been collecting them I have collected and given at least $50 worth of boxtops. I know that isn't too much, but if everyone did the same thing, schools would have enough money to buy supplies. I know I sound like some depression aged person in saving things before throwing them away, but people, Stop Being Lazy, stop being unobservant and just save them. There are always kids who want them, even if you don't know any. If all else fails just go to an elementary school and donate them, or volunteer with some kids, they could use the support.

Final message: Save boxtops, be observant and love children.

No comments:

Post a Comment