Monday, August 5, 2013

The Book of Axe

When I was in elementary school, probably the summer after second or third grade, my mom sent me to Vacation Bible School. I am still not sure why, since I am LDS and this was at some random Christian church. They invited us on the Sunday at the end of the week. We went and it was fun with guitars for the hymns, maybe even drums, but not what I am used to.

One day in class my teach asked us to turn to "The Book of Acts". In my little boy mind I heard "The book of Axe". It never crossed my mind that she didn't say "Axe". I spent the next what seemed like forever looking through my scriptures looking high and low for Axe. I never found it and even after reading all the title pages, and I think I had a LDS quad (Bible, Book of Mormon, D&C and Pearl of Great Price) so it took a while.

When my teacher was walking by, I defeatedly told here I couldn't find the Book of Axe, maybe, because I was Mormon, my Bible was different... I don't think she every thought of it again, but hope I didnt hurt the reputation of the church with that nice lady, telling her my Bible just wasn't the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment