Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Windows 8 Start Button

I like most people have felt a little empty not having a start button on the bottom left corner in windows 8. So I made a quick executable that just opens the start menu, then pinned it to my start menu in the leftmost spot. Download it here. (Thank you dropbox public folder.)

You might get some kind of warning, like this one I got from chrome, just click the arrow and keep. If you don't trust me make one yourself using the info below here.


Here is how I made it. I found on line that you can use this code for a Visual Basic script:

set wShell=wscript.createobject("wscript.shell")
wShell.sendkeys "^{ESC}"
Set WshShell = Nothing

Then I found an icon I wanted. I liked this one. Then I downloaded a program called VBSEdit, which has a function to make a vb script into an excectable. (Just use the evaluation version) Then TADA a working button to have there.


No comments:

Post a Comment